16. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego replied to the king, "O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you in this matter.
17. If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king.
18. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up."
15. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that."
16. As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil.
17. Anyone, then, who knows the good he ought to do and doesn't do it, sins.
1. Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming upon you.
2. Your wealth has rotted, and moths have eaten your clothes.
3. Your gold and silver are corroded. Their corrosion will testify against you and eat your flesh like fire. You have hoarded wealth in the last days.
4. Look! The wages you failed to pay the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord Almighty.
5. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves in the day of slaughter.
6. You have condemned and murdered innocent men, who were not opposing you.