22. Spread out above the heads of the living creatures was what looked like an expanse, sparkling like ice, and awesome.
23. Under the expanse their wings were stretched out one toward the other, and each had two wings covering its body.
24. When the creatures moved, I heard the sound of their wings, like the roar of rushing waters, like the voice of the Almighty, like the tumult of an army. When they stood still, they lowered their wings.
25. Then there came a voice from above the expanse over their heads as they stood with lowered wings.
26. Above the expanse over their heads was what looked like a throne of sapphire, and high above on the throne was a figure like that of a man.
27. I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him.
28. Like the appearance of a rainbow in the clouds on a rainy day, so was the radiance around him. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. When I saw it, I fell facedown, and I heard the voice of one speaking.
14. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
15. John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, `He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.'"
16. From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another.
17. For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18. No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the Father's side, has made him known.